Saturday, December 12, 2009

My name is Betty Nixon




Greetings. My name is Betty Nixon. I am a typical 52 year old Christian mother of 3 beautiful daughters. Typical may not be the word though. It seems that less and less there are parents in existence who hold to the traditional Christian values our society craves. While this blog is intended for fellow parents in Christ, my hope is that others may read this and be encouraged to strengthen their values. If it wasn't for my values, I don't know where I'd be today.

You see, I have quite a story. You see me now, a 52 year old woman, with 3 children, the oldest 2 being 10 years old and the other 9. I consider it a blessing that I was able to have kids at my age, and I feel that older parents can make the best parents, with all their wisdom stored. You may be wondering some things, about my past and present. Well, here it goes. 9 years ago, shortly after I gave birth to my second daughter Michaela, I learned that I had another daughter that was born, recently. You see, my ex-husband had been indulging in the sin of adultery, and the result was a child with another woman. I found out about this when that woman came clean and let me know what was happening. I was devastated, but determined. We ended up divorcing because of my ex-husband's habit of infidelity, and the other woman did not want the responsibility of taking care of and raising a child. So, out of good will and a desire for that child to have a positive future growing up in a Christian home, I adopted her. Sasha became one of the family. So now here I am, just me, Paige, Sasha, and Michaela. And life couldn't be better for me. I feel that I have purpose. Raising my daughters in the light of the Lord is one of the greatest things I could have done with my life.

I currently work from home and homeschool my kids. I saved a good amount of money from my career as a writer for several Christian magazines. Currently, I am a free-lance novelist, working on that first novel. My ex-husband is good enough to pay child support, although he is not a part of our lives other than that. But I forgive him. God calls us to forgive those that sin against us, and I forgive my ex-husband. Me and my children are very involved with our church, going every week. My daughters are starting to get involved with the various youth programs there and enjoy church. I decided to write a blog to take a break from working on my novel. I feel that the rambling nature of blogs will allow me to speak my mind, give advice, talk about things, and just write without thinking about it. I hope you connect some way to my blog.



If you'd like to contact me, my e-mail address is bettynixxon@yahoo.com

Feel free to ask me questions or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment